The new national President is Dave Campbell and his national charity for the year is the Prince’s Trust which supports disadvantaged youngsters. I have been given a collection tin so you can give money via me when I visit your club but if you prefer please visit his Just Giving page (https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dave-Campbell-41clubpresident) As well as your money he has asked if anyone would be willing to offer a few hours a month as a mentor to support young People? The Trust supports mentors to do this. Please contact him if you would be willing to do this (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Priorities remain as fun, fellowship and community.
The majority of clubs have good monthly events as well as undertaking community service and fundraising activities (often in support of their Round Table).
Following a photographic competition there is a national calendar for 2018 which only costs £5. If you would like one please let me know. I have a few but can get more if you want them.
A few dates for you to be aware of:
- 1 September National Caravan Rally
- Thursday 24 September National Golf Competition near Gloucester. Newport should be going as winners for the 3rd successive year but it’s open to anyone. I will email details separately.
- 9-11 February 2018 National Sports and Social Weekend in Okehampton
- April 2018 National Conference will take place in Belfast and is nearly fully booked.
- Also note that we have a range of member benefits including a new deal with Heritage Car Insurance for classic /prestige vehicles.
Articles for the National Magazine and Website
If you are doing interesting things please tell us know what you are doing by writing a few words and providing some pictures. It’s great to see how active some of our clubs are.
Are you aware of the national Facebook page so you can see what other clubs are doing ? if you are not but want to be then let me know.
What are you doing to attract new members ?
Only 20% of retiring tablers join 41 club so we need you to find out why and ask them.
Are your events suitable for younger and older members ?
Do you have joint events with other clubs ?
Do you have joint events with your round table ?
Please give me your feedback so I can help you.
National Councillor for Region 11 from Whitchurch 41 club