The following is a report from Nick Morcumb, our Region 11 National Councillor.
(1) AGM in Blackpool April 2017
- The reports, resolutions and budget 2018 are being finalised and we are expecting the national capitation of £14.50 to remain unchanged.
- Please send a representative but if your club is unable to attend and vote then consider using me as a proxy to vote on your behalf.
(2) Replacing CAS
- Our admin system needs replacing and they are considering the options. We need something more suitable for our needs, that can improve out technical capabilities and that will reduce costs.
- The National President supports a different charity each this year and our president for 2016/17 Barry Durman has chosen Shelter. So far he has raised over £20k which is brilliant.
- As many of you know he had been doing a bike ride from John O’Groats to Land’s End but had a serious accident landing him in hospital for weeks. He is now on the mend and is looking to finally complete his epic challenge. If you do want to support him I’m sure he’d appreciate it.
(4) National Sports & Social Weekend
- Our 1st NSSW for 41 Club took place at the weekend in Okehampton.
- We had a brilliant time with lots of sports, food and a few beers too.
- It was so successful we will definitely be going ahead next year.
(5) Top to Toe Walk
- Many clubs across the country support local events and good causes and nationally we are supporting the Teenage Cancer Trust with their Top to Toe walk from Glasgow to London.
- The closest clubs near us are Stockton Heath and Warrington so we have approached them to provide a few helpers to greet the walkers and set them off the next day.
(6) Got Any News ?
- Lots of you do interesting activities so let me know about them please ?
- Write a few words and provide some pictures so we can show others what a great job you do in your clubs.
- I will try and get them into the national newsletters, magazine and website.
- What are you doing to attract “like minded” individuals to become members ?
- Are there ex-tablers who have yet to join you ? Have you asked them ?
(8) National Community Service Award
- What community activities have you undertaken this year ? I know that many of you do and you should be recongised for your great work. Please provide me with a few lines explaining what you do so I can nominate you for a national award ?
(9) Round Tabler Award
- Do you know a Round Tabler who has worked particularly well with your 41 club in 2016/17. Please provide me with a name and tell me why they are so great ? I’d like to nominate them for an award.
(10) Restarting Round Tables
- Hopefully you will know by know that I am helping Round Table to restart several clubs – Ellesmere Port, Oswestry, Ellesmere and very soon Newport. It’s not me doing all of the hard work as we need table to lead but myself and a few 41 club members are helping Table by providing advice and direct support.
There are lots of issues here and we need to do something to help you….. our clubs and members. Please shout so that I can put forward your views !
Whitchurch 41 Club & National Councillor Region 11
Home: 01948 830408
Mobile: 07913 179662